Overview of the service line and team
Our unbiased approach to financial planning sets us apart from other financial planning firms. Mazars Financial Planning Ltd (MFP) provides impartial, tailored financial planning advice and wealth management to:
- Business owner-managers
- Trustees - private and charitable
We are a leading, purely fee based, Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). We provide a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits.
Because we are independent, we are not reliant on commission payments from providers which means our advice is truly unbiased and tailored to clients. As a result, clients only pay for our advice, as they require it. This unbiased approach to financial planning, based solely on a client's circumstances and lifestyle objectives, sets us apart from other financial planning firms.
The role of a financial planner is to ensure clients are advised holistically in all areas of their financial affairs. The aim being to build a financial strategy to meet a client’s objectives where possible. The first step is finding out what clients really want to achieve and then trying to assist them, considering remuneration strategies or retirement income planning, advising on investments or savings strategies as well as looking at any potential risks and how these can be mitigated.
Your time will be split with on the job training learning the industry, study for your professional exams and building your understanding of client affairs ready for managing your own portfolio.
During your first year you will:
- Learn the financial planning process and how this is applied in the industry to client specific circumstances
- Learn about the possible solutions that can assist our clients
- Learn how to use client management software and systems in order to prepare client advice reports
- Learn about the compliance and regulatory aspects of the industry to which you must adhere
- Be able to obtain relevant information from providers in order to assist us understanding a client’s affairs
During your second year you will:
- Be able to take ownership for delivery of client advice
- Begin providing your own solutions and ideas to client scenarios
- Provide greater assistance to the financial planner with providing initial ideas and solutions to clients
For the rest of your training you will be striving to build your skillset in order to be a financial planner at Mazars in your own right. You will be expected to take responsibility for client solutions and the delivery of these whilst ensuring that we keep to stated deadlines providing the best client service in a compliant manner.
Training and qualification
We will fund for you to study towards the Chartered Institute of Insurance Professional qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, one-one coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
The first six months of the training scheme will be based in our Milton Keynes office. This is an intensive training period with all of our graduates from around the country. This will provide a strong technical grounding before you return to your chosen location to further develop your career.
Culture and reward
Diversity and inclusion at Mazars
Mazars is committed to a 360 degree diversity approach, from building diverse leadership teams which reflect our clients and society, to creating an open, inclusive, culture where individual voices are heard. Our client-facing people can be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites - our approach to agile working (see benefits) can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service. Visit our D&I page to see the ways we are driving diversity
Bespoke benefits that work for you
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
What we are looking for
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- A curious nature; the interest and willingness to know what drives people in order to understand what they want to achieve
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems
- Willingness to exceed client expectations whilst managing different needs and having the desire to get work done
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills along with the ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Commitment to self-development and learning
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and maths
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019