The Mazars Private Client service line provides impartial, tailored financial planning, wealth management and tax advice to:
- Business Owner-Managers
- Trustees - Private and Charitable
Our unbiased approach to financial planning sets us apart from other financial planning firms. We are a leading, purely fee based, Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). We provide a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits.
Because we are independent, we are not reliant on commission payments from providers which means our advice is truly unbiased and tailored to clients. As a result, clients only pay for our advice, as they require it. This unbiased approach to financial planning, based solely on a client's circumstances and lifestyle objectives, sets us apart from other financial planning firms.
The role of a financial planner is to ensure clients are advised holistically in all areas of their financial affairs. The aim is to build a financial strategy to meet a client's objectives. The first step is finding out what clients really want to achieve and then trying to assist them, considering remuneration strategies or retirement income planning, advising on investments or savings strategies as well as looking at any potential risks and how these can be mitigated.
We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams. You may also need to travel to other Mazars regional offices for training purposes while you build your understanding of client affairs in preparation for managing your own portfolio.
During your first two years you will:
- Learn the financial planning process and how this is applied in the profession to client specific circumstances;
- Learn about the possible solutions that can assist our clients;
- Learn how to use client management software and systems in order to prepare client advice reports;
- Learn about the compliance and regulatory aspects of the profession to which you must adhere; and
- Be able to obtain relevant information from providers in order to assist us understanding a client's affairs.
- Begin providing your own solutions and ideas to client scenarios; and
- Provide greater assistance to the financial planner with providing initial ideas and solutions to clients.
For your final two years of your training you will be striving to build your skillset in order to be a financial planner at Mazars in your own right. You will be expected to take responsibility for client solutions and the delivery of these whilst ensuring that we keep to stated deadlines providing the best client service in a compliant manner.
We will fund your study towards the CII (Charted Institute of Insurance) professional qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
What we are looking for
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- A curious nature; the interest and willingness to know what drives people in order to understand what they want to achieve
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems
- Willingness to exceed client expectations whilst managing different needs and having the desire to get work done
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills along with the ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Commitment to self-development & learning
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a career as a Financial Planner or Wealth Manager
- Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023