Our Business Degree scheme is a four-year programme and a fantastic opportunity for you to join an organisation that has developed some of the leading Business Apprentices in the UK.
Business apprentices study towards a fully funded degree in Business Studies accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. This scheme provides day release at the University of Hertfordshire.
You will work within our business on rotational placements, whilst earning a competitive salary and with access to all of the standard company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
What you will be doing
There are tw streams within the Business Degree Apprenticeship that you may be placed into.
- Business – you will complete placements which will include Project Management, Commercial, Procurement, and Supply Chain
- Sales and Business Development (SBD) – placements will be focused on SBD engaging with the UK Ministry of Defence and International customers, gain experience in developing product strategy, industrial strategy, communications, marketing, bid management and contract negotiation. In addition you will spend a summer in one of MBDAs international offices.
We will consider you for both unless you specify an interest in only one within your application form.
As well as challenging placements you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- Two x one week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Two day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning & development, managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded degree in Business Studies with day release
- Five days per year paid study time
- On the job training support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- A range of personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- 25 paid days holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support is available in the department, including: a buddy to welcome you into MBDA; access to the mentoring scheme; and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers members and managers.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment aimed at aiding your learning and development.m.
What we are looking for from you
- Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either: BTEC extended diploma (DDM) in any subject or three A-levels in any subject and GCSE maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
What you would get
£14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4,000 dependant on your performance in placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime if required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 09/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 09/03/2019
Additional job details