Join us for a 10, 11 or 12 week Summer Placement in Customer Support & Services (CS&S).
We have accountability for the provision of support to MBDA products throughout the world. This support can range from the simple provision of a spare part through to delivery of a complete long term support package, with MBDA contracted to ensure that Armed Forces have the weapon systems that provide the capability they need, where and when they need it. CS&S is engaged through all phases of the product life cycle, from ensuring that supportability requirements are adequately defined at the concept design stage through to disposal at the end of the product’s life.
The Summer Placement will allow an insight into what we do, excellent learning and development opportunities that will utilise both engineering and business oriented skill sets to help deliver support for a range of complex weapon systems.
What will you be doing?
You may be involved with:
Integrated Logistics Support (ILS )
The ILS team is responsible for ensuring that products are designed to be readily supported, that the necessary support infrastructure is in place and for optimising through-life finance. MBDA products include weapon systems, test equipment, training equipment and any other support equipment. The ILS elements that a Summer Placement could help to develop or implement include but are not limited to:
- System Design Influence
- Maintenance Planning
- Support and Test Equipment
- Facilities and Infrastructure
- Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation
- Training and Training Equipment
- Technical Documentation
- Commercial and Contract Management
- Life Cycle Cost
As the ILS team is embedded within the product development team, there will be a significant amount of transversal work across different engineering and other business disciplines. This role may involve travel to other MBDA, supplier, customer (MoD project teams) and end-user (Army, Navy or Air Force) locations.
In Service Support (ISS)
Post-delivery of a product, the In Service Support team is responsible for delivering a range of support services. Examples of the services that a Summer Placement could be responsible for helping to deliver within the ISS role include:
- Surveillance and Life Extension
- Technical Support
- Asset Management
- Storage and Inventory Management
These activities will involve working with colleagues in other MBDA engineering and business functions. Again, this role is likely to involve travelling to supplier, customer and end-user locations.
The Support Services team are responsible for helping the end-user to acquire the knowledge needed to best operate and maintain their weapon systems throughout the in-service life. The Support Services team will work with the ILS team to develop the field support and training solutions and the technical publications for a product. They will then deliver the required training and field support and manage updates to the technical publications. The team are also responsible for the procurement of spares, management of repairs and developing bespoke information management applications for the CS&S directorate. Within this role, a Summer Placement will help to create new concepts and develop the processes that allow support services to be delivered effectively.
What are the benefits for you?
- Within CS&S, you will gain a ‘big picture’ view of MBDA and the UK defence environment and will work with a diverse range of people at all levels across the business.
- You may have the opportunity to engage with customers, suppliers and end-users.
- You will be able to utilise both business and engineering skill sets and undertake a wide variety of work.
- There is a positive attitude towards graduates, undergraduates and summer placements and you will be a fully integrated member of the team.
- A supportive graduate community with more than 100 recent graduates.
What’s great about joining this team?
- More than 500 people in the CS&S directorate work every day, around the clock, to serve MBDA’s customers in over 50 countries around the world.
- There is a wide variety of work and every day is different.
- The team creates a supportive network with people from different disciplines and backgrounds who can provide a new perspective on a given issue.
- There is a culture of progression and a focus on innovative ways of improving system readiness and reliability.
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12 in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- The ability to solve challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets
- Innovative individuals who understand the importance of Customer Support and Services in sustaining the MBDA business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Individuals who are self-motivated in shaping their own career path
- An understanding of the challenges facing the defence industry today
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Working towards a physics, engineering, mathematics or other technical degree
Accepted degree subjects
mathematics · computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/10/2018