What’s the opportunity?
The RF Sensors group has responsibility for a wide range of technologies within MBDA; such as data communications, radars, altimeters and seekers.
As part of your Undergraduateplacement you will gain an in-depth knowledge of the sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system.
What will you be doing?
Within RF Sensors we can offer you a broad range of opportunities:
- RF Systems work covers a variety of radio frequency sub-systems, including data communications; radars; radio altimeters; and seekers, typically operating between 1 and 18GHz.
- Specification and assessment of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers.
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Undertaking research and design activities in conjunction with French, Italian and/or German colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
- Opportunity to apply university learning to real projects and to impact their direction
- Varied and challenging work load
- Comprehensive career and ‘soft skill’ development throughout the one-year undergraduate course
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be working with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance
- You will get to see projects at different phases of the product lifecycle
- Interaction with other groups across the wider technical directorate as well as external customers/suppliers
- Opportunities to support lab and field trials
- The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the department also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
- The department consists of a team of highly skilled and versatile engineers/physicists with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience. Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary
What would you get?
Starting saary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,Joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a Bachelors or £2,500 if you have a Masters.flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- We expect you to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and in return you will be challenged to develop ideas and deliver solutions to contribute to the success of projects.
- An interest in radio-frequency technologies, such as antennas and receivers is highly desirable.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
- Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
You will hold or be working towards a 2:2 in any relevant engineering, electronics or applied physics degree
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details