An opportunity has arisen for an undergraduate engineer to do a 10, 11 or 12 week Summer Placement within the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) team.
EMC considers, by test and/or assessment, the effects of the electromagnetic environments and interactions on the performance of a product with respect to the level of performance required by the customer. This role will allow you to be involved in an essential part of the process and qualification of MBDA products, and enable you to gain some basic skills and knowledge of EMC Engineering.
What will you be doing?
You will be hands-on with the testing of MBDA’s missiles, subsystems and weapons systems in the test facilities in order to build your EMC knowledge. Much of the initial training will involve shadowing other competent EMC engineers within the department, working towards conducting tests semi-independently.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking essential training to enable use of equipment within the facility and aid personal development.
- Learning the different conducted and radiated emissions and susceptibility test requirements in the industry through hands-on experience in the test facilities.
- Creating a detailed log book to assist with learning and chartership opportunities.
- Writing test reports to support projects.
- Opportunities to get involved in other research projects within the EMC UK function.
What are the benefits for you?
- Work in a technically challenging and thought provoking function.
- Work amongst experienced EMC engineers
- Training to aid personal development and allow active work within the EMC test facility.
- Hands-on experience with real hardware from the start.
- Work on a range of products across all MBDA projects, from subsystems to full missiles and weapon systems.
What’s great about joining this team?
You will be working in a team of experienced EMC engineers, with a great depth and breadth of expertise. Working in a small team of 10+ allows you to interact with each member of the team in order to gain maximum knowledge transfer. The team are in the process of upgrading the test facilities and are keen for a candidate to bring in fresh ideas. All of the EMC engineers are extremely supportive and willing to help you learn and progress in your development to progress on to becoming an EMC engineer.
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus & salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12 in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- The EMC department are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated undergraduate who will wish to participate in, learn about and challenge EMC activities. The candidate needs to be able to actively communicate with other team members and show a willingness to learn through working in the test facilities.
- Will be working towards qualification to BSc / MEng degree level or equivalent in EMC / Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Applied Physics, Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Some knowledge of Labview would also be of benefit.
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/01/2019