What’s the opportunity?
Would you like to be part of a highly skilled and dynamic team ensuring the highest quality of delivered products? We are looking for capable, driven, and technically minded individuals to join the Test Engineering group at Europe’s largest supplier of Missiles and Missile Systems.
What will you be doing?
- Providing technical support to the test operations within manufacturing throughout all stages of a missile’s assembly, from circuit cards and actuators, to launch platforms and weapon controllers
- Working with other multi-disciplinary teams to ensure sufficient throughput of products according to project requirements
- Improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process using feedback from test analysis
- Ensuring that delivered products are of the highest quality and reliability by employing a rigorous test profile and analysing the results
- Developing new test platforms and processes to improve the throughput of live products throughout assembly
What are the benefits for you?
- You will gain a wealth of hands on electronics experience, and develop your problem solving skills in an industrial environment
- As an MBDA employee you will have access to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical courses, to further your personal and professional development
- You will be working with the latest technology and with live projects from day one
- You will be encouraged to register for professional accreditation, and supported in your pursuit of chartered status
- There will be the opportunity to travel, and to work on multi-national projects within the overseas branches of MBDA
- You will have the opportunity to draw on the skills of a highly experienced team of engineers
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team, responsible for the development of new test processes and equipment
- The team comprises a range of experience levels, from highly skilled engineers and technical experts to developing apprentices and graduates, all striving for consistent results meeting the highest of standards
- Join other graduates, who are further into the scheme and can offer support and guidance from their own experiences
- You will have access to the full breadth of training courses and facilities that MBDA offers. For the SD&V function some relevant courses you may take part in include DOORS Training, MBSE Training and Writing Requirements.
- You will also benefit from training and support provided by experienced engineers within the department and project teams.
- MBDA support continual professional development such as engineering Chartership through multiple accrediting organisations.
What you would get
Starting salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a Bachelors or £2,500 if you have a Masters. Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- To succeed in this role you will need an analytical mind-set, a keen eye for detail, and a firm foundation in problem solving.
- A passion for engineering and electronics, and a drive to continuously improve and develop both professionally and personally.
- The ability to deliver high quality work, both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively and relay technical information in a clear, concise way
- A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Graduates will be qualified to degree level or above (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics) or related subjects.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details