Would you like to be part of a highly skilled and dynamic team ensuring the highest quality of delivered products? We are looking for capable, driven, and technically minded individuals to join the Test Engineering group at Europe’s largest supplier of missiles and missile systems.
What will you be doing?
- Providing technical support to the test operations within manufacturing throughout all stages of a missile’s assembly, from circuit cards and actuators, to launch platforms and weapon controllers
- Working with other multi-disciplinary teams to ensure sufficient throughput of products according to project requirements
- Improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process using feedback from test analysis
- Ensuring that delivered products are of the highest quality and reliability by employing a rigorous test profile and analysing the results
- Developing new test platforms and processes to improve the throughput of live products throughout assembly
What are the benefits for you?
- You will gain a wealth of hands on electronics experience, and develop your problem solving skills in an industrial environment
- As an MBDA employee you will have access to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical courses, to further your personal and professional development
- You will be working with the latest technology and with live projects from day one
- You will be encouraged to register for professional accreditation, and supported in your pursuit of chartered status
- There will be the opportunity to travel, and to work on multi-national projects within the overseas branches of MBDA
- You will have the opportunity to draw on the skills of a highly experienced team of engineers
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team, responsible for the development of new test processes and equipment
- The team comprises a range of experience levels, from highly skilled engineers and technical experts to developing apprentices and graduates, all striving for consistent results meeting the highest of standards
- Join other graduates, who are further into the scheme and can offer support and guidance from their own experiences
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- To succeed in this role you will need an analytical mind-set, a keen eye for detail, and a firm foundation in problem solving.
- A passion for engineering and electronics, and a drive to continuously improve and develop both professionally and personally.
- The ability to deliver high quality work, both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively and relay technical information in a clear, concise way
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Graduates will be qualified to degree level or above (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics) or related subjects. A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017