What’s the opportunity?
Would you like to be part of a highly skilled and dynamic team ensuring the highest quality of delivered products? We are looking for capable, driven, and technically minded individuals to join the Test Engineering group on anundergraduate placement.
What will you be doing?
- Providing technical support to the test operations within manufacturing throughout all stages of a missile’s assembly, from circuit cards and actuators, to launch platforms and weapon controllers
- Working with other multi-disciplinary teams to ensure sufficient throughput of products according to project requirements
- Improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process using feedback from test analysis
- Ensuring that delivered products are of the highest quality and reliability by employing a rigorous test profile and analysing the results
- Developing new test platforms and processes to improve the throughput of live products throughout assembly
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team, responsible for the development of new test processes and equipment
- The team comprises a range of experience levels, from highly skilled engineers and technical experts to developing apprentices and graduates, all striving for consistent results meeting the highest of standards
- Join other undergraduates and graduates, who can offer support and guidance from their own experiences
What would you get?
£18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- To succeed in this role you will need an analytical mind-set, a keen eye for detail, and a firm foundation in problem solving.
- A passion for engineering and electronics, and a drive to continuously improve and develop both professionally and personally.
- The ability to deliver high quality work, both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively and relay technical information in a clear, concise way
- A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
On track for a degree (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics) or related subjects.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details