Would you like to be part of a highly skilled and dynamic team ensuring the highest quality of delivered products? We are looking for capable, driven, and technically minded individuals to join the Test Engineering group at Europe’s largest supplier of Missiles and Missile Systems.
What will you be doing?
- Providing technical support to the test operations within manufacturing throughout all stages of a missile’s assembly, from circuit cards and actuators, to launch platforms and weapon controllers
- Working with other multi-disciplinary teams to ensure sufficient throughput of products according to project requirements
- Improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process using feedback from test analysis
- Ensuring that delivered products are of the highest quality and reliability by employing a rigorous test profile and analysing the results
- Developing new test platforms and processes to improve the throughput of live products throughout assembly
What are the benefits for you?
- You will gain a wealth of hands on electronics experience, and develop your problem solving skills in an industrial environment
- As an MBDA employee you will have access to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical courses, to further your personal and professional development
- You will be working with the latest technology and with live projects from day one
- You will be encouraged to register for professional accreditation, and supported in your pursuit of chartered status
- There will be the opportunity to travel, and to work on multi-national projects within the overseas branches of MBDA
- You will have the opportunity to draw on the skills of a highly experienced team of engineers
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- To succeed in this role you will need an analytical mind-set, a keen eye for detail, and a firm foundation in problem solving
- A passion for engineering and electronics, and a drive to continuously improve and develop both professionally and personally.
- The ability to deliver high quality work, both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate effectively and relay technical information in a clear, concise way
Accepted degree subjects
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017