The Missile Architecture team consists of both electrical and mechanical engineers. This graduate scheme is for those interested in the electrical side – the mechanical role has been filled.
Missile Architects physically sit within the project teams; enabling them to draw upon inputs from around the company to produce top level designs for missiles. This includes ensuring delivery within the project time frames and budgets. Missile Architecture works with a wide range of technical functions and provides direct inputs towards project programme delivery, as well as helping to manage requirements flow-down to subsystem level.
What will you be doing?
- Learn how to undertake and manage design and performance trade-off studies
- Gain experience managing the design and delivery of subsystems into the project, such as:
- System computer architecture
- Data Links
- Telemetry Units
- Actuation systems
- Safety and Arming Units
- Defining signal characteristics and interfaces
- Investigating and analysing built hardware
- Assisting with trials and testing of components and missiles during the development phase
What are the benefits for you?
- There are opportunities to become a team leader within the project teams as you develop.
- There is opportunity to travel and work with international colleagues
- Receive excellent training for both soft and technical skills
- Gain support and mentoring towards CEng
- This Graduate scheme could lead on to becoming a future Chief Engineer.
- Interaction with other departments broadening your knowledge of the business
- Work with and learn from highly experienced engineers
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
What we are looking for
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Desire to work in an international environment
- Future ambitions to lead a team
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills
Degree qualified by September 2020 in a technical or engineering-related discipline, such as Electronics, Physics, Maths or Systems Engineering to a minimum of 2.2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment