What’s the opportunity?
Missile Architecture offers multi-disciplinary roles that sit within the project teams, drawing upon inputs from around the company to produce the optimum top level design for a missile. This includes ensuring delivery within the requisite project time frames and budgets. The department works with a wide range of technical functions and provides direct inputs toward project programme delivery, as well as helping to manage requirements flow-down to subsystem level.
What will you be doing?
- Undertaking and managing design and performance trade-off studies at a missile level
- Managing the design and delivery of subsystems into the project, such as: system computer architecture; data links; telemetry units; actuation systems; safety and arming units
- Defining signal characteristics and interfaces
- Investigating and analysing built hardware
- Assisting with trials and testing of components and missiles during development
What are the benefits for you?
- There are opportunities to become a team leader within the project teams as an interim step to becoming a Chief Engineer – during the Graduate scheme
- There opportunity to travel and work with international colleagues
- Receive excellent training for both soft and technical skills
- Gain support and mentoring towards CEng
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be working in a function spread out throughout MBDA’s weapon systems, gaining experience from other diverse Architects
- High degree of autonomy
- Large interaction with other disciplines
- Exposure to high level management
- You will have access to the full breadth of training courses and facilities that MBDA offers. For the SD&V function some relevant courses you may take part in include DOORS Training, MBSE Training and Writing Requirements.
- You will also benefit from training and support provided by experienced engineers within the department and project teams.
- MBDA support continual professional development such as engineering Chartership through multiple accrediting organisations.
What you would get
Starting salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a Bachelors or £2,500 if you have a Masters. Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to establish a clear engineering vision
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written and verbal)
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualified to degree level (minimum 2:2) in a technical or engineering-related discipline, such as electronics, physics, maths or systems engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details