Our Bolton Manufacturing Facility, is a state-of-the-art facility housing a unique end-to-end inert missile manufacturing capability; opened in 2018.
The Electronic Manufacturing Test team ensure that the highest quality is delivered at every stage of the manufacturing process by rigorously testing and analysing the electrical components of MBDA’s products. We work on a variety of projects including developing new test platforms and processes, providing technical support to the test operations for everything from circuit cards to launch platforms & weapon controllers, and improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process.
What will you be doing?
- Work alongside experienced engineers to provide technical support to the test operationsthroughout all stages of a missile’s assembly, from circuit cards and actuators, to launch platforms and weapon controllers
- Work closely with other teams to ensure product throughput meets project requirements
- Identify ways to improve the efficiency of the manufacturing process using the analysis of test data
- Ensure delivered products are of the highest quality and reliability by using a rigorous test profile and analysing the results
- Investigating non-conforming hardware to identify manufacturing improvements
- Learn how to develop new test platforms and processes to improve the throughput of live products throughout assembly.
What’s great about joining this team?
- A friendly, focussed team comprising a range of experience levels, from highly skilled engineers and technical experts to developing apprentices and graduates.
- We strive for consistent results meeting the highest of standards
- Support and guidance will come from all team members including other Graduates who will share their similar experiences.
“I’ve been given varied and meaningful responsibilities including diagnosing hardware, improving our test processes and helping commission a £1 Million Anechoic Chamber Test Facility! It has been educational, enjoyable and great to see how my work has been of real benefit to the business.” Nick, Test manufacturing Graduate
What would you get?
- £16,000, £17,00 or £18,000 salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Sporting activities
- Fantastic site facilities
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- An analytical mind-set, a keen eye for detail, and an interest in problem solving.
- A passion for engineering and electronics,
Currently studying towards a degree in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics) or related subjects.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment