What’s the opportunity?
The Electronic department provides complex electronic solutions to meet the demanding needs of missile, launch platforms and other support equipment.
“We start at the requirements and develop architectures, these then follow into the detailed design phase (the actual circuit design) and then to the verification, validation and qualification of the hardware where we test the hardware to provide evidence that our designs do what we expect them to do (verification) and meet the customers’ requirements (Validation). We then carry out tests in extreme conditions to ensure the products will operate in the harsh conditions they have to survive in (Qualification). During the Graduate scheme we have a placement in each of these; in order to understand all the steps needed to go from a requirement through to qualification.” Leo, Graduate.
By joining this team you will learn about the full design process for circuits and systems, which are used throughout the whole product range, current and future.
What will you be doing?
Spend four x six-month placements developing your knowledge and gaining hands on experience in a combination of the disciplines below:
- Motor control and drive systems for actuation systems
- Communications and RF design for Datalinks
- Safety critical arming units
- FPGA firmware
- Digital and microprocessor design for weapon controller units
- Test solutions and equipment
- Working with new and emerging technologies for Internal Research and Development
What are the benefits for you?
- Choose where to go for placements; work on technologies already specialised in at university and try out different ones you have not.
- Visit our Bolton manufacturing site to bring to life the work do.
- Experience all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process.
- Join a team that is dedicated and focussed on delivery and technical excellence; rewarding both technically and on a personal level.
What’s great about joining this team?
Working with talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, offers one of the best ways to commence your career and achieve a real feeling of success.
Working closely with other departments and being given the opportunity to work independently within a team provides invaluable knowledge of the company and our engineering processes, a must have for future career aspirations.
You will have the opportunity for travel to the company’s other home nations (France Germany and Italy), depending on projects being worked on.
The Graduate Scheme is accredited with the IET and you will be given support, including 100% fees paid, to work towards C. Eng registration. I. Eng registration can also be supported where appropriate.
The Electronics graduate scheme can provide early experience in management; from managing the summer placements and Work Experience programs to the running of a development lab in the electronics lab coordinator role, in order to meet required aspects of the IET accreditation.
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
What we are looking for
- A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
- The ability to work in a driven independent manner but not afraid to ask questions
Degree qualified by September 2020 in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics), maths, physics or a related subject to a minimum 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment