The Electronic department provides complex electronic solutions to meet the demanding needs of missile, launch platforms and other support equipment.
“We start at the requirements and develop architectures, these then follow into the detailed design phase (the actual circuit design) and then to the verification, validation and qualification of the hardware where we test the hardware to provide evidence that our designs do what we expect them to do (verification) and meet the customers’ requirements (validation). We then carry out tests in extreme conditions to ensure the products will operate in the harsh conditions they have to survive in (qualification).” Leo, Graduate.
The Undergraduate placement programme is an excellent starting point if you are considering a future Graduate scheme with us.
What will you be doing?
You will be assigned to an actual missile project and given real work that will form part of a missile system that will be brought in to service with armed forces around the world. The placement will be split in to two: the first you'll be embedded in our Missile Design team, who focus on the prime Missile Design and the second as part of our Test Systems team, who focus on designing the test solutions that test and prove our prime design.
- Complex circuit design (Analogue, Digital, FPGA etc.) for computers, Safety related products, datalinks, ground/firing equipment etc.
- Analogue and Digital circuit test techniques and circuit design;
- Microwave / RF test measurement techniques and design;
- Analysis and characterisation techniques.
- Test system design, testability of a design
What are the benefits for you?
- Work with highly talented and experienced engineers from a large range of engineering disciplines.
- Develop and broaden technically and professionally within a respected company and multi-skilled team.
- Be mentored and coached by experienced engineers in the art of designing electronics for military products.
- All the training Schemes within Electronics Engineering are accredited with the IET. Registration at Eng. Tech level is a possibility for undergraduates who have 2+ Summer Industrial Placements. MBDA can help in achieving this registration during the Summer Placement period.
What’s great about joining this team?
Work on all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process for a wide range of complex electronic products as part of the graduate scheme, as part of a dedicated team focussed on delivery and technical excellence
Opportunities to collaborate with other engineering disciplines and exposure to working with multi-skilled engineering teams
What would you get?
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Sporting activities
- Fantastic site facilities
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
10 month placement.
What we are looking for
- Currently studying towards a degree
- Motivated and committed with good organisational skills and an appetite for learning new skills.
- Interest in electronic engineering, technology, and engineering in general.
- Practical knowledge of common software languages (C/C++, VHDL, etc.) is beneficial but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £16, 17 or £18,000
Salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment