An Engineering Apprenticeship working in an open plan working environment with state of the art manufacturing facility and laboratories aimed at aiding your learning and development. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an apprenticeship scheme that has developed winners of some of the most prestigious apprenticeship awards in the UK.
Engineering apprentices study towards a Level 5 HNC and HND in Mechanical Engineering at Oaklands College in Welwyn Garden City, and work within our business on rotational placements for four years. This way of studying allows you to earn academic and nationally recognised qualifications as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace. This programme also allows you to study towards an NVQ Level 3 in Engineering.
Placements within the business include:
- Mechanical design
- Customer support
- Environmental engineering
- Drawing office
As well as a variety of placements, you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training and support:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with all ECP new-starters, and integrate into the business
- Two, one-week residential courses to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills
- Two-day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business
- A breadth of experience and support is available which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers
- You will also get fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
“As an engineering apprentice, I constantly learn new skills on the job that not only benefit me in my further education, but also help me to understand and develop in the placements I undertake.” Max - Engineering apprentice
What we are looking for from you?
Candidates must have a minimum of 96 UCAS points through either:
- BTEC in an Engineering subject
- Three A-levels (at Grade C or above) that must include maths and another STEM subject such as physics or chemistry
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and on your own
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments
What you would get:
- An annual increase of up to £4,000 dependant on your performance in placements and university.
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
Starting: September 2020.
Additional job details
How to apply
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 5 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 5 January 2020