An Engineering Degree Apprenticeship at our brand new manufacturing site in Bolton, working in an open plan working environment with state of the art manufacturing facility and laboratories aimed at aiding your learning and development. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an apprenticeship scheme that has developed winners of some of the most prestigious apprenticeship awards in the UK.
You will study towards a Mechanical Engineering degree at Bolton University on day release for four years which will be funded by MBDA. You will do rotational placements for the remainder of the week.This way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification, as well as gain a learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
Placements within the business include:
- Missile Engineering Team
- Circuit Card Assembly Engineering Team
- Test Engineering
- Actuator and Safety Systems Engineering Team
- Seeker Engineering Team
As well as a variety of placements, you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training and support:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with all ECP new-starters, and integrate into the business
- Two, one-week residential courses to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills
- Two-day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business
- A breadth of experience and support is available which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers
- You will also get fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- Five days paid study days to prepare for exams per year
“As an engineering apprentice, I constantly learn new skills on the job that not only benefit me in my further education, but also help me to understand and develop in the placements I undertake.” Max- Engineering apprentice
What we are looking for from you?
Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either:
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma (DDM or above) in Engineering
- Three A-levels, with one in maths and two others within any subject
- GCSE maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and on your own
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments
What you would get:
- An annual increase of up to £4,000 dependant on your performance in placements and university.
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
Starting: September 2020.
Additional job details
How to apply
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 5 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 5 January 2020