A two-yearEarly CareersProgramme (ECP) within the Environmental Engineering function. Sitting within the Mechanical Engineering domain, Environmental Engineering are responsible for the simulation of real world shock, vibration and climatic environments, key to the design, development and qualification of MBDA’s missiles and weapons systems.
The work conducted spans both practical and theoretical aspects, and will allow you to get hands-on with our weapon systems, giving you the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career as an Environmental specialist.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for defining, simulating and testing against shock, vibration and climatic environments, to prove our missile systems are fit for service.
As an Environmental Engineering graduate, you will get the chance to experience all the different factions of our function, from project planning to conducting shock and vibration tests in our lab, from mechanical stress testing to data gathering trials and analysis.
- Be given responsibility for delivering tasks of real substance from the outset.
- Opportunity to attend off-site firings and data gathering trials.
- Analyse and interpret data from flight and firing trials, or from laboratory tests.
- Write technical engineering documents, present findings and offer design aid to other teams within the company.
- Influence the design of our products by defining environmental requirements in line with our customer’s needs and expectations.
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- Have experience and knowledge of shock, vibration, signal processing, systems engineering and mechanical testing are beneficial.
- Have good technical report writing and presentation skills.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, when under pressure.
- To succeed in this role you will need to be organised and have a keen eye for details.
- You should be keen to learn and have a personal drive to develop your skills both on the job and through FDP training.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Qualified to degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline. A minimum of an Upper Second-Class Honours (2:2) or equivalent will be required.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · mathematics · aerospace engineering · mechanical engineering · engineering management
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017