Our Facilities Management (FM) team manage and maintain the property portfolio of MBDA UK across six geographically separate sites to meet ever changing Business needs. This includes Travel, Catering, Maintenance, Reprographics, Document Management, Service Desk Management and Contract Cleaning.
What will you be doing?
Join us to develop your knowledge and hands on experience of some of the following skills
- Property Portfolio Planning
- Plan the utilisation of the various buildings to meet changing Business requirements
- Corporate Real Estate
- Acquisition and disposal of property
- Landlord and Tenant negotiation
- Financial Management
- Management of all indirect overhead costs associated with Property and associated Services
- Project Management
- Working with multi-functional teams including FM external partners in the development of packages for the management and delivery of building refurbishments and new builds
- Contract Management
- Development, procurement and management of contracts with a wide range of external service providers involving tendering, contract negotiation and the establishment of SLA’s & KPI’s
- Asset Management
- Management and planning of all building services and fabric replacements and upgrades
- Hard & Soft Services Management
What’s great about joining this team?
The team is a split into four different areas: Strategy, Projects, Operations and Commercial. All four areas are vital to the effective and efficient running of all services and projects across the whole portfolio. The team is friendly, sociable and fun yet highly experienced and professional. We like to laugh, but we know when to buckle down to get a job done together.
What would you get?
- £16,000, £17,00 or £18,000 salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
10 month placement
What we are looking for
- Currently studying towards a degree in business or facilities management or related subjects.
- We are looking for those who are enthusiastic about facilities management and wanting to make an impact in the way the workplace is changing to meet the future needs of the business. Must have a great work ethic, be prepared to get stuck in and be a good communicator.
- MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Experience of some of the following:
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Object-orientated Programming in C-like Languages (C++, C#, Java)
- Development Environments ( Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Networking & Networking Protocols
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020