A summer placement inside the Facilities function provides an excellent platform to gain experience working on a real project in a professional environment and to learn from experiencedpersonnel throughout the placement. This role will enhance your knowledge and experience for any remaining years of study and is a great way to open up new opportunities for your future career.
Facilities Management is responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining the property portfolio of MBDA UK across six geographically separate sites to meet ever changing Business needs
- The provision and management of all hard and soft support services on the various sites and will include:
- Document Management
- Service Desk Management
- Contract Cleaning
The placement will enable the development of knowledge in and the ability to gain hands on experience of some of the following skills
- Property Portfolio Planning
- Plan the utilisation of the various buildings to meet changing Business requirements
- Corporate Real Estate
- Acquisition and disposal of property
- Landlord and Tenant negotiation
- Local Authority interfaces re. Planning requirements, Building Control & Rating
- Financial Management
- Management of all indirect overhead costs associated with Property and associated Services
- Project Management
- Working with multi-functional teams including FM external partners in the development of packages for the management and delivery of building refurbishments and new builds
- Contract Management
- Development, procurement and management of contracts with a wide range of external service providers involving tendering, contract negotiation and the establishment of SLA’s & KPI’s
- Asset Management
- Management and planning of all building services and fabric replacements and upgrades
- Hard & Soft Services Management
- Working in multi-functional teams including a range of Facilities Management external Partners
- Having the opportunity to come up with innovative ideas to solve FM issues and helping put these into practice
- Working with the team to embed the companies vision and values
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
Accepted degree subjects
planning and surveying · business and management studies · engineering management
Flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level).
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017