The Finance Graduate programme offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company, within a supportive, challenging Finance Directorate, while studying towards becoming a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) with CIMA.
While on the scheme, you will rotate through three year-long placements within the Finance function. These placements vary, but range from Group Finance, where you will oversee the consolidation of national MBDA companies’ financial accounts, to Project Finance, where you will support a team of engineers and commercial colleagues in management of the financial aspects of contracts with customers and suppliers.
These experiences will support your CIMA application to receive CGMA status, along with your studies, as well as develop your personal skillset to become a well-rounded asset to the company.
What will you be doing?
The role of a Finance Graduate is to gain experience of different departments within the function, so the role will vary depending on the placement. This means that you build upon your understanding and experience in each role, which will develop and reinforce your knowledge of finance within the company.
General role responsibilities can include:
- Understanding and implementation of double entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Support of financial management of prime contracts
- Forecasting cash payments and receipts, and cost at completion of work packages
- Financial hedging
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Support of budget and business plan preparation
- Completion of annual financial statements
- Generate cost estimates and analyse risks for bids to potential customers
Further opportunities to get involved with other work tasks and packages are available through ‘Trading Places’, enabling networking with other finance colleagues as well as further development of financial understanding. In addition, you will study towards your CIMA exams, for which support is provided, including leave for study time and exams.
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
Although a degree in Business and Finance is not necessarily required, skills and qualities required include:
- Time management and organisation – being able to balance work responsibilities with study
- Mathematical skills – the work relies on being good with numbers
- Dedication to the team and work – there will be peaks and troughs in workload and being dedicated to getting the work done during peaks is a must
- Communication – especially technical information to a non-specialist audience
- Self-motivation and drive – required to get through studies!
- Good Excel skills – spreadsheets are used a lot within the function
- Adaptability – placement movements require getting used to different people and ways of working
- Experience with SAP is a bonus!
Qualifications and experience requirements
Degree in Business and Finance is desirable but not required
Accepted degree subjects
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017