The Finance Graduate programme offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company, within a supportive, challenging Finance Directorate, while studying towards becoming a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) with CIMA.
While on the scheme, you will rotate through three year-long placements within the Finance function. These placements vary, but range from Group Finance, where you will oversee the consolidation of national MBDA companies’ financial accounts, to Project Finance, where you will support a team of engineers and commercial colleagues in management of the financial aspects of contracts with customers and suppliers.
These experiences will support your CIMA application to receive CGMA status, along with your studies, as well as develop your personal skillset to become a well-rounded asset to the company.
What will you be doing?
The role of a Finance Graduate is to gain experience of different departments within the function, so the role will vary depending on the placement. This means that you build upon your understanding and experience in each role, which will develop and reinforce your knowledge of finance within the company.
General role responsibilities can include:
- Understanding and implementation of double entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Support of financial management of prime contracts
- Forecasting cash payments and receipts, and cost at completion of work packages
- Financial hedging
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Support of budget and business plan preparation
- Completion of annual financial statements
- Generate cost estimates and analyse risks for bids to potential customers
Further opportunities to get involved with other work tasks and packages are available through ‘Trading Places’, enabling networking with other finance colleagues as well as further development of financial understanding. In addition, you will study towards your CIMA exams, for which support is provided, including leave for study time and exams.
What are the benefits for you?
The Finance Graduate role is designed to give you all the experience required to support your CGMA status and more.
- CIMA qualification is fully funded, with fully subsidised course, exam and travel expenses along with additional leave granted for study and exam days
- A proper role within the department – you will have your own responsibilities, with support from colleagues and line managers
- Movement between different business areas, which adds variety and builds experience
- Progression through qualifications is recognised with increased responsibility and rewards
- Opportunities for further work responsibilities through ‘Trading Places’
- Training courses about the other Finance departments through the Integrated Finance Campus (IFC)
- Development courses for graduates provided by HR, on top of other training provided by the company
- Opportunities to work with different cultures, as well as to travel
- Graduates have a large support network through other graduates, Mentors, Buddies, Team they work within
What’s great about joining this team?
On top of the previously mentioned benefits and opportunities, joining the Finance function as a graduate is great because:
- The nature of the department offers those in it great responsibility and allows you to develop your technical knowledge as well as your confidence in your abilities
- A large number of the Finance function have been graduates themselves, meaning they understand your position and do everything they can to help you in your development and progression in the company, alongside support from current graduates
- Exposure to senior management and executives
- Senior management work together to ensure good performers are recognised and have career opportunities open to them
- The Finance function is an international team, in which you gain experience of working across many countries and cultures
- The team offers the opportunity to innovate any past processes as well as introduce any new ones. There is a real emphasis of utilising your skills and any ideas you may have to contribute to the team and company as a whole.
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Although a degree in business and finance is not necessarily required, skills and qualities required include:
- Time management and organisation – being able to balance work responsibilities with study
- Mathematical skills – the work relies on being good with numbers
- Dedication to the team and work – there will be peaks and troughs in workload and being dedicated to getting the work done during peaks is a must
- Communication – especially technical information to a non-specialist audience
- Self-motivation and drive – required to get through studies!
- Good Excel skills – spreadsheets are used a lot within the function
- Adaptability – placement movements require getting used to different people and ways of working
- Experience with SAP is a bonus
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A physics, engineering, mathematics or other technical degree
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017