What’s the opportunity?
The Finance Graduate programme offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company, within a supportive, challenging Finance Directorate, while studying towards becoming a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) with CIMA.
While on the scheme, you will rotate through three year-long placements within the Finance function. These placements vary, but range from Group Finance, where you will oversee the consolidation of national MBDA companies’ financial accounts, to Project Finance, where you will support a team of engineers and commercial colleagues in management of the financial aspects of contracts with customers and suppliers.
These experiences will support your CIMA application to receive CGMA status, along with your studies, as well as develop your personal skillset to become a well-rounded asset to the company.
What will you be doing?
Gaining experience of different departments within the function, so the role will vary depending on the each placement. This means that you build upon your understanding and experience in each role, which will develop and reinforce your knowledge of finance within the company.
- General role responsibilities can include:
- Understanding and implementation of double entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Support of financial management of prime contracts
- Forecasting cash payments and receipts, and cost at completion of work packages
- Financial hedging
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Support of budget and business plan preparation
- Completion of annual financial statements
- Generate cost estimates and analyse risks for bids to potential customers
Further opportunities to get involved with other work tasks and packages are available through ‘Trading Places’, enabling networking with other finance colleagues as well as further development of financial understanding. In addition, you will study towards your CIMA exams, for which support is provided, including leave for study time and exams.
What are the benefits for you?
- Gain all the experience required to support your CGMA status and more.
- CIMA qualification is fully funded, with fully subsidised course, exam and travel expenses along with additional leave granted for study and exam days
- A proper role within the department – you will have your own responsibilities, with support from colleagues and line managers
- Movement between different business areas, which adds variety and builds experience
- Progression through qualifications is recognised with increased responsibility and rewards
- Opportunities for further work responsibilities through ‘Trading Places’
- Training courses about the other Finance departments through the Integrated Finance Campus (IFC)
- Development courses for graduates provided by our in house Learning & Development Team, as well as the opportunity to learn from experienced members of the team.
- Opportunities to work with different cultures, as well as to travel
- Graduates have a large support network through other graduates, Mentors, Buddies and the Team they work within.
What’s great about joining this team?
- The nature of the department offers those in it great responsibility and allows you to develop your technical knowledge as well as your confidence in your abilities
- A large number of the Finance function have been graduates themselves, meaning they understand your position and do everything they can to help you in your development and progression in the company, alongside support from current graduates
- Exposure to senior management and executives
- Senior management work together to ensure good performers are recognised and have career opportunities open to them
- The Finance function is an international team, in which you gain experience of working across many countries and cultures
- The team offers the opportunity to innovate any past processes as well as introduce any new ones. There is a real emphasis of utilising your skills and any ideas you may have to contribute to the team and company as a whole.
- You will have access to the full breadth of training courses and facilities that MBDA offers. For the SD&V function some relevant courses you may take part in include DOORS Training, MBSE Training and Writing Requirements.
- You will also benefit from training and support provided by experienced engineers within the department and project teams.
- MBDA support continual professional development such as engineering Chartership through multiple accrediting organisations.
What you would get
Starting salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a Bachelors or £2,500 if you have a Masters. Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
Although a degree in business and finance is not necessarily required, skills and qualities required include:
- Time management and organisation – being able to balance work responsibilities with study
- Mathematical skills – the work relies on being good with numbers
- Dedication to the team and work – there will be peaks and troughs in workload and being dedicated to getting the work done during peaks is a must
- Communication – especially technical information to a non-specialist audience
- Self-motivation and drive – required to get through studies!
- Good Excel skills – spreadsheets are used a lot within the function
- Adaptability – placement movements require getting used to different people and ways of working
- Experience with SAP is a bonus
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details