What’s the opportunity?
The finance department is a team which strives to deliver a consistent application of best practice, financial controls and processes. We aim to enhance shareholder value, protect the assets of MBDA and ensure we comply with all national and shareholder requirements.
Whilst on this scheme you will be studying towards becoming a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) with CIMA.
We don’t require you to have a finance background but it is beneficial that you have a general interest in Finance as a function, due to the numerical nature of the work.
What will you be doing?
On this scheme you will rotate in three year-long placements within the finance function. These rotations will support your CIMA application to attain CGMA status and enable you to gain experience and understanding of different elements of the Finance department. Support will also be provided for your qualification and you will be given study time for your exams.
General role responsibilities can include:
- Understanding and implementation of double entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Support of financial management of contracts
- Forecasting cash payments, receipts, project completion cost
- Foreign currency hedging
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Support of budget and business plan preparation
- Completion of annual financial statements
What are the benefits for you?
- Gain all the experience required to support your CGMA status.
- CIMA qualification is fully funded, with fully subsidised course, exam and travel expenses along with additional leave granted for study and exam days.
- Training courses about the various finance departments, such as Treasury and Cost Control, through the Integrated Finance Campus (IFC), a specific grouping of courses for Finance training.
- Opportunities for international travel.
What’s great about joining this team?
The Finance function is an international team, in which you can gain experience of working across many countries and cultures. The team offers the opportunity to innovate any past processes as well as introduce new ones. There is a real emphasis on utilising your skills and any ideas you may have to contribute to the team and Company as a whole.
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment