What is Major Equipment Procurement?
Major Equipment Procurement is responsible for defining, managing and maintaining MBDA’s highly complex international supply chain.
Without the support of its large network of Sub-contractors, MBDA would not have the capability to design, manufacture and support its world leading weapon systems. It is the role of MEP to control this system in order to ensure that we remain competitive, capable and agile, whilst ensuring maximum value is extracted.
Unlike typical commodity based procurement organisations, MEP is responsible for procuring mainly bespoke major sub-assemblies throughout each weapon system such as Motors, Power Supplies, Launchers, Guidance system’s and Warheads etc.
With each respective subcontractor, MBDA strives to forge successful, long-term collaborative relationships promoting early engagement to obtain the maximum in terms of capability, value and competitiveness.
What Will M.E.P Offer you?
As an MEP graduate you will experience working with equipment at the forefront of technology within a world leading complex weapons manufacturer. You will have the opportunity to develop a skill set in terms of negotiation, management and a multitude of other vital aspects, all of which will assist in career development.
The MEP environment is dynamic, with diverse and fast moving requirements, each of which will prove challenging but rewarding to any prospective graduate. Overall however, the MEP graduate scheme will provide real responsibility, with real objectives and real challenges combined with recognition and opportunities to develop yourself and forge a career within a real world leader.
What will you be doing as an M.E.P. Graduate?
It is a common misconception that procurement is only involved in the early stages of the weapon system life cycle; however MEP’s involvement is critical throughout; from the initial concept right through to ‘In-Service’ and ‘Disposals’ stage. Throughout, there is a need to manage each sub-contractor’s contractual, technical, pricing and performance aspects. This offers any potential graduate the opportunity to develop a large skill set and experience a wide range of scenarios.
The role is very diverse, and your specific responsibilities will vary depending on the maturity of the weapon system. However, the core role will remain constant: As an MEP graduate you will be the primary interface between MBDA and your assigned sub-contractors, responsible for managing the relationship and ensuring that the sub-contractor meets their agreed deadlines to ensure the project remains on schedule.
Responsibilities can vary from initial sub-contractor selection through to procuring support services with existing for in service weapon systems. All roles will require you to build a specialist skill set which will involve the following:
- You will be responsible for managing long term business relationships with complex subcontractors by implementing Supplier Relationship Management techniques.
- Monitoring the commercial health of Suppliers and identifying risks associated in order to protect MBDA’s commercial interests.
- Managing and being accountable for drafting and negotiation of Requests for Quotation’s (RFQ’s), contracts and other industrial agreements ensuring they meet the requirements of the task and minimises risk and provide value to MBDA.
- Assisting in the development of sub-contractor strategies to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans.
- Running sub-contractor meetings including regular progress reviews to ensure that contractual obligations are being met
- Ensuring the Sub-contractor delivers to programme in line with project requirements within authorized budgets and technical requirements.
- Employing supply chain management techniques to ensure the MBDA supply base employs minimal risk
- Use of Procurement tools to ensure efficient management of MBDA’s supply base.
- Working within multifunctional teams to ensure that all internal and external progress milestones are met or exceeded.
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- We are looking for someone, with a definite interest and enthusiasm for aerospace, defence and engineering in general with a desire to succeed and contribute as part of a team.
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You will have obtained a minimum of a 2:2 classification and should have a natural confidence and proactivity that is able to perform in a challenging commercial environment. As such you will need strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills in order successfully integrate within the existing MEP Team.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017