A position is available for an enthusiastic engineer to join a world leading company in missiles and missile systems, as part of the Guidance, Control and Navigation department (GCN). The GCN department plays a pivotal role in the conception and life of all MBDA products. As part of the role, you will be given opportunities to work with the latest technologies on fast paced and high profile projects.
What will you be doing?
As the name suggests, at the heart of ‘GCN’ is guidance, control and navigation.
- Navigation is the process of knowing the current position of the missile;
- Guidance is the process of directing a missile along a desired trajectory to a target;
- Control carries out the demands defined by the guidance process.
As part of guidance, control and navigation there are many challenging and rewarding fields. These include, but are not limited to:
- Guidance in all phases of missile flight;
- Propulsion control;
- Autopilot and control systems;
- Integrated navigation, such as ‘Terrain Reference Navigation’, and ‘GPS integration’;
- Data fusion;
- Command and Control;
- Algorithms to support concept and missile feasibility studies, and assessment and development programs;
- And processing IR and RF images and signals.
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
A successful candidate will:
- Be proactive in nature;
- Have an analytical way of thinking with the ability to visualise complex systems;
- Work well with deadlines and be comfortable working in a continuously changing field;
- Be a helpful and hardworking team player, but work well individually autonomously;
- Have the ability to work well within defined guidelines and processes;
- Have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Show a good understanding of different phases of the engineering life cycle;
- Have knowledge of engineering principles and processes;
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Be eligible for SC UK Security Clearance;
- Preferably have programming skills to at least a basic level (Matlab/Simulink, C, FORTRAN).
Qualifications and experience requirements
Working towards a degree level in one of the following disciplines (or similar): Aeronautical engineering, Aerospace, Mathematics, Physics, and Control and Systems.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · chemical engineering · engineering, transport · engineering, aerospace · engineering, mechanical
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level).
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA (UK) opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017