To work in a unique test facility, testing missile hardware in a dynamic flight environment. You would be part of a small multi skilled team, doing a technical, ‘hands on’ role and experiencing a wide variety of complex, high technology work.
What will you be doing?
Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) work involves designing, developing and using closed loop HWIL simulations, which include the following components operating and interacting together
- Real time computing, software and mathematical models (eg aerodynamics)
- Communication (I/O) interfaces and electrical test equipment
- Missile HW subsystems (seeker, IMU and main missile computer)
- High performance hydraulic equipment to represent missile and target motion
- Target scene generators to emit IR or RF radiation
The work also involves analysing missile system behaviour and performance. HWIL work therefore requires a broad range of skills and is suitable for graduates of a wide range of engineering subjects.
What’s great about joining this team?
The HWIL department consists of a relatively small team of highly skilled and versatile Engineers with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience. Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary.
The general attitude and culture of the team is one of commitment and flexibility, going the extra mile to get the job done right.
Views from an existing HWIL Graduate (from the 2016 graduate intake):
"I joined HWIL in 2016 and I was quickly given a key role within a project at the beginning stages of integration into the facility. Although this was challenging and there was a lot to take in, HWIL has an extremely helpful and knowledgeable team who are more than happy to point towards a solution which makes it a fantastic learning environment for a graduate. The work was a great mix of hardware and software development, which was exactly what I wanted in my initial 6 months placement. I haven’t even scratched the surface of what I could learn within the department and I am looking forward to a challenging and rewarding future in HWIL!
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- Good communication skills
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Additional skills and tools that would be beneficial
- Broad scope of knowledge (not too limited to a single subject)
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Coding (preferably C)
- Experience of Matlab/Simulink
- Experience of working with hardware
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Engineering or technical degree (engineering, physics, mathematics, aerospace, electronics, computing, control theory, systems etc)
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017