What’s the opportunity?
The Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) department is a unique facility that tests missile hardware in a dynamic flight environment and analyses missile system behaviour and performance. The team consists of highly skilled and versatile engineers with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience.
What will you be doing?
HWIL Loop work involves designing, developing and using closed loop HWIL simulations, which include the following components operating and interacting together
- Real time computing, software and mathematical models (e.g. Aerodynamics)
- Communication (I/O) interfaces and electrical test equipment
- Missile Hardware subsystems (Seeker, Inertial Measurement Unit and Missile Computer)
- High performance hydraulic equipment to represent missile and target motion
- Target scene generators to emit Infrared or Radio Frequency radiation
- HWIL work therefore develops a broad range of skills and is suitable for Graduates of a wide range of engineering subjects.
What are the benefits for you?
- What they will actually learn
- Chartership / Accreditation - 100% fees paid during grad scheme.
What’s great about joining this team?
Team stuff – experience - helpful
“I was quickly given a key role within a project at the beginning stages of integration into the facility. Although this was challenging and there was a lot to take in, HWIL has an extremely helpful and knowledgeable team who are more than happy to point towards a solution which makes it a fantastic learning environment. The work was a great mix of hardware and software development, which was exactly what I wanted in my initial six months placement. I haven’t even scratched the surface of what I could learn within the department and I am looking forward to a challenging and rewarding future in HWIL!” HWIL, Graduate
“I found settling into the team easy as they are all very friendly and approachable. I undertake and contribute to a wide range of tasks throughout my role which means that the work is varied day to day” Olivia, HWIL Graduate
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
What we are looking for
- Good communication skills
- Interest in solving problems
- Basic experience of Matlab/Simulink and coding
Degree qualified by September 2020 in engineering or technical degree (engineering, physics, mathematics, aerospace, electronics, computing, control theory, systems etc)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment