What’s the opportunity?
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain and Procurement (ISP) UK.
The ISP organisation is responsible for a variety of activities, which include, but is not limited to:
- Leading the definition of the Industrial Policies and make/buy strategies and controlling their implementation with the support of the other Directorates.
- Supporting the sourcing decisions by bringing relevant supply chain intelligence and strategic frameworks, in order to foster innovation, competitiveness and alignment with company strategies, and industrial policies.
- Managing procurement activities for direct (Electronic, Electrical, RF and Mechanical domains), indirect (Engineering Services, the IT/IS/IM domain, Travels, Sites buildings, Facilities Management, HR, and Communication) and Export Infrastructures (Ammunition depots, Maintenance sites, Operational sites, Living sites.) domains.
- Managing the Supply Base industrial performance (On Time, On Quality) along the Product Life Cycle.
- Providing to the wider Procurement Community an efficient and cohesive working environment in terms of Procurement tools, processes, practices and skills.
ISP consists of an integrated team of 300 employees spread across 11 sites managing 3000 suppliers. MBDA has a spend profile of approximately €1.7 Billion per year across UK, France and Italy. Therefore, the need for skilled procurement and supply chain professionals is far greater than ever before to enable the mission of 100% on time, on cost and on quality to be achieved.
What you will be doing?
ISP is an International function and applicants will be expected to liaise with colleagues across Europe enabling the exploration of different approaches to working. This element of the work opens the opportunity to travel within the group.
Throughout the four six month placements you will be able to make your mark by being a key and valued member of the team. You will be given stimulating tasks and will be encouraged to be creative and challenge our traditional ways of working by adopting a continuous improvement ethos.
As an ISP Graduate you will undertake four placements in each of the following areas:
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Procurement: These placements will provide experience of contract management, different types of agreements, some worth millions of pounds, pursuing ongoing value creation, optimal cost, sustainability and innovation. During this placement you will complete an individual project providing you with objectives and challenges. This will be combined with recognition and opportunities to develop you and a career within a real world leader while undertaking a real job in both of our procurement teams:
- Direct Procurement: (Mechanical or Electrical) buying parts such as castings, machining, plastics, optics, cables, connectors and MDI test equipment.
- Indirect Procurement: buying various items and/or services such as, Facilities Management, Security, Offload Services, Contingent workers, HR, Travel, Consulting Services or IM - Information Management, Hardware, Software Licences, Networks and Telecoms.
Supply Chain Management:
This placement will provide you the opportunity to work within a multifunctional team, interfacing with key internal stakeholders and suppliers. The Supply Chain Management team are responsible for the management and improvement of supplier performance through continuous risk assessment of the supply base, ensuring that risks are identified, captured and effectively mitigated.
You will have the opportunity to -
- Closely interact with suppliers and manage the relationship MBDA have with them, which include risk assessments of their capabilities (business, design, technical, manufacturing etc.) to support strategies and decision making.
- Support the development and management of supplier improvement plans to increase supplier’s capabilities and improve their operational performance.
- Support the identification and securing of cost-savings without incurring an unacceptable level of risk to on time, on cost delivery.
Business Solutions Improvement and Risk Management
This placement provides the opportunity to support key improvement projects by working closely with the procurement and supply chain communities.
Alongside the key improvement projects you will be involved in a variety of activities which could include:
- Participation in different change initiatives that improve our supply chain sustainability and performance.
- Ensuring that the transversal Supply Chain Risk Management approach is consistently deployed throughout the business.
- Analysing and assessing the capabilities, financial robustness and ethical status of current and potential suppliers, supporting sourcing decisions as part of a multifunctional team.
- Delivery, deployment and maintenance of e-solutions (including local tools).
- Delivery of the Procurement Academy aimed at creating a highly skilled workforce.
- Development and maintenance of processes to drive continuous improvement and alignment with internal and external standards.
What are the benefits for you?
- Development of fundamental Project Management skills
- Training on a variety of Project Management subject areas and universally-used tools
- The chance to qualify for professional accreditation provided by PMI (Project Management Institute).
- Responsibility to make real decisions
- Control over career path
- You will be joining a friendly team of qualified and experienced professionals.
- Support and guidance through approachable managers and Buddy and Mentor schemes.
- You will have access to the full breadth of training courses and facilities that MBDA offers. For the SD&V function some relevant courses you may take part in include DOORS Training, MBSE Training and Writing Requirements.
- You will also benefit from training and support provided by experienced engineers within the department and project teams.
- MBDA support continual professional development such as engineering Chartership through multiple accrediting organisations.
What you would get
- Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters paid,
- Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
If you have the motivation to learn and ability to develop their professional competence in a demanding and exciting environment, we need you to:
- Have a natural confidence and proactive nature that enjoys a challenge.
- Have strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to successfully integrate within the existing Team have an open mind-set;
- Ideally be commercially minded with an understanding of financial management, negotiating and influencing.
- Have organisational skills along with the basic analysis and judgement ability.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Working towards a degree on track to achieving a minimum 2:2. (Or equivalent qualification) in a related discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details