Within the Technical Directorate, the Integration & System Validation (ISV) function play a critical role in the development and proving of MBDA’s new and existing products. ISV engineers work day to day on a variety of tasks such as; aircraft/naval integration activities, compatibility testing and trials support/conduct.
The two year Early Careers Programme (ECP) allows a graduate to experience working in several roles across the ISV function. The programme offers excellent learning and development opportunities that will utilise both engineering and team work skills to help deliver integration and proving solutions to a range of complex weapon systems.
What will you be doing?
A role within the Integration and Systems Validation function will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work within a number of technical areas, including mechanical & electrical engineering, test equipment and trials conduct.
The two year graduate programme is split into four six-month placements, with a minimum of three placements spent working within ISV.
There is the option for the candidate to spend a fourth placement outside of the function, either working in a different area within MBDA or within the wider defence industry.
Across their placements within ISV, the candidate will gain experience in a range of the following key areas:
- Compatibility testing of sub-system and system level functionality,
- Functional proving of system response and performance,
- Integration of missiles and weapon systems onto delivery platforms,
- Trials planning and support to trials clearance documentation,
- Conduct of sub-system and system trials at various levels of maturity,
- Conduct of Firing trials and system level acceptance support.
Current ISV Graduates have been involved with systems proving activities on MBDA’s CAAM/FLAADS, ASRAAM, Brimstone and Storm Shadow projects and this has included working with platforms such as the F-35 Lightning II, Eurofighter Typhoon, Type 26 Frigates and the AH-64 Apache.
Depending on placements there may be the opportunity for the candidate to undertake national and international travel when conducting trials activities.
What’s great about joining this function?
- There is a wide variety of work and every day is different.
- The team creates a supportive network with people from different disciplines and backgrounds who can provide a new perspective on a given issue.
- There is a culture of progression and a focus on innovative ways of improving system readiness and reliability.
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s largest guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base.
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
- Have an interest in the Defence Industry,
- Ability to problem solve and think logically,
- Ability to communicate at various technical and business levels,
- Good presentation skills,
- Good written English,
- Proactive and being capable of working on your own initiative,
- Must work well within a team.
- Background in engineering
- Experience of working in laboratory environments
- Innovative thinking and the ability to see the impact of your actions
- Knowledge of Military and Defence standards used throughout the industry
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You should be working towards a degree (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in maths, physics or aeronautical, aeerospace, electrical, mechanical or systems engineering or a related engineering discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017