What’s the opportunity?
Within the technical Directorate, the Integration & System Validation (ISV) function play a critical role in the development and proving of MBDA’s new and existing products. ISV engineers work day to day on a variety of tasks such as; aircraft/naval integration activities, compatibility testing and trials support/conduct.
Ayearlong placement on the Early Careers Programme (ECP) allows an Undergraduate to experience working in several roles across the ISV function. The programme offers excellent learning and development opportunities that will utilise both engineering and team work skills to help deliver integration and proving solutions to a range of complex weapon systems.
What will you be doing?
A role within the Integration and Systems Validation function will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work within a number of technical areas, including mechanical & electrical engineering, test equipment and trials conduct.
During the yearlong placement within ISV, the candidatemay gain experience in a range of the following key areas:
- Compatibility testing of sub-system and system level functionality,
- Functional proving of system response and performance,
- Integration of missiles and weapon systems onto delivery platforms,
- Trials planning and support to trials clearance documentation,
- Conduct of sub-system and system trials at various levels of maturity,
- Conduct of Firing trials and system level acceptance support.
Current ISV Graduates have been involved with systems proving activities on MBDA’s CAAM/FLAADS, ASRAAM, Brimstone and Storm Shadow projects and this has included working with platforms such as the F-35 Lightning II, Eurofighter Typhoon, Type 26 Frigates and the AH-64 Apache.
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- To have an interest in the Defence Industry,
- Ability to problem solve and think logically,
- Ability to communicate at various technical and business levels,
- Good Presentation Skills,
- Good written English,
- Proactive and being capable of working on your own initiative,
- Must work well within a team.
- Background in engineering,
- Experience of working in laboratory environments,
- Innovative thinking and the ability to see the impact of your actions,
- Knowledge of Military and Defence standards used throughout the industry.
Qualifications and experience requirements
You should be working towards a degree (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in Maths, Physics or Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering or a related Engineering discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · engineering, transport · engineering, aerospace · engineering management · engineering, mechanical
Flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level).
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017