MBDA offers a four-year degree programme for its Information Systems (IS) apprentices, the programme is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT systems team and gain hands on experience within IS, responsible in the delivery of Business and Enterprise applications within MBDA.
What you will be doing
You will study towards a business studies degree at the University of Hertfordshire on a day release. The remainder of the week will be spent within our IT systems function undertaking rotational placements with a key focus on IS business support, whilst earning a competitive salary and access to all of the company benefits.
This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification, as well as gain hands on experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
In addition to IS, short placements will be undertaken within Information Management (IT department) to aid your understanding of IT systems within MBDA.
You will work on some digital projects which include; Cloud computing, Software as a Service (SaaS) and agile projects – (based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration across different MBDA functions).
You will also have the opportunity to participate in IS strategy activities that impact the entire organisation.
As well as challenging placements you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- Two x 1 week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Two day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning and development, managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded chartered managers degree apprenticeship
- Five days per year paid study time
- On the job training and technical support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- A range of personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you
- Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either: BTEC extended diploma (DDM) in any subject or three A-levels in any subject and GCSE maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
What you would get
£14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4,000 dependant on your performance in placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime as required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 09/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 09/03/2019
Additional job details