MBDA offers a four-year degree programme for Information Systems (IS) apprentices. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT systems team and gain hands on experience within IT, focussing on the IS support function, who are responsible in the delivery of Business and Enterprise applications within MBDA.
What you will be doing
Our IT apprentices will study towards a bachelor’s degree in business studies at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield on a minimum of one day release per week basis. The remainder of the week will be spent within our IT Systems function doing rotational placements with a key focus on IS business support.
This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification, fully funded, as well as gain hands on experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
The majority of the scheme will be spent with and supporting the IS analyst function, working with each area within Information Systems to deliver business and enterprise solutions.
In addition to the time within the IS function, short placements will be undertaken within IM function to aid your understanding of IT systems within MBDA. You will work on some digital projects such as ‘Mobility’ including Cloud and SaaS (Software as a Service), ‘Agile Projects’ - based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams. Also participating in IS strategy activities across the organisation.
As well as a variety of placementsyou willhave the opportunity to undertake developmental training and support:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with all ECP new-starters, and integrate into the business
- Two, one-week residential courses to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills
- Two-day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business
- A breadth of experience and support is available which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers
- You will also get fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- Five paid study days to prepare for exams per year
What we are looking for from you?
Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either:
- BTEC extended diploma (in any subject)
- Three A-levels in any subjects
- GCSE maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above.
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and on your own.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments
What you would get:
- An annual increase of up to £4,000 dependant on your performance in placements and university.
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Start: September 2020.
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020