What is major equipment procurement?
The MEP function is responsible for suppliers who are designing and delivering complex sub-systems and unique services for MBDA. MEP is responsible for managing each of these suppliers throughout the entire product life cycle. The MEP function is responsible for developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers, along with managing the supplier programmes to ensure the developed technical solution, hardware deliveries and services are provided on time, to cost and to quality within each phase of the life cycle.
The primary objective of the MEP role is to ensure the supplier performs its contractual obligations in order to maintain MBDA’s ability to meet its customer delivery milestones.
MEP’s involvement is critical throughout a weapon system life cycle; from the initial concept right through to ‘In-Service’ and ‘Disposals’ stage. MEP is responsible for managing each suppliers contractual and performance aspects. This offers any potential graduate the opportunity to develop a broad skill set and experience a wide range of scenarios.
You will be the primary interface dealing with suppliers who are designing and providing complex sub-systems for use in and services to support MBDA’s weapon systems. You will be responsible for:
- Managing the supplier related aspects of the business winning processincluding drafting and negotiation of complex RFQs, sub-contracts, sub-contract amendments and other industrial agreements.
- Ensuring the supplier delivers to programme and technical requirements within authorised budgets, and in accordance with their contractual obligations.
- Managing and developing the business relationship with suppliers.
- Leading a supplier facing multi-functional teamwithin MBDA.
- Implementing strategies associated with the suppliers to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans.
- Seeking ways to continually improve the supplier performance.
- Ensuring MBDA has adequate visibility of the supplier programmes and associated risks such that strategies can be implemented to overcome problems that may hazard timely delivery of project requirements or cost.
- Participating in project and functional MEP process improvement opportunities, sharing best practice where appropriate within other functions.
- Providing accurate budget and cash forecasts for supplier payments.
The role is very diverse, and your specific responsibilities will vary depending on the life cycle phase of the weapon system project you are working in, however, the core role will remain constant: as an MEP graduate you will be the primary interface between MBDA and your assigned suppliers, responsible for managing the relationship and ensuring that the supplier meets their agreed deadlines to ensure the project remains on schedule.
What Will MEP offer you?
As an MEP graduate you will experience working at the forefront of technology within a world leading complex weapons system manufacturer. This is a unique Procurement role which will provide both commercial and project management experience across key MBDA project areas exposing the individual to a range of complex and advanced products and technologies.
You will be joining a highly skilled, energetic Procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence such that they are the recognised leaders within MBDA for delivering global through life Major Equipment Procurement solutions to support Customer needs.
MEP is a multi-national department with equivalent teams in France and Italy with a global supply base. The MEP role therefore offers opportunities to build international networks and to be exposed to and work with other cultures.
MEP is an integral part of each of the MBDA weapon system multifunctional project teams, providing the opportunity to be involved in complex UK and international programmes along with the responsibility for delivering critical sub-system elements to the main programme to ensure MBDA delivers on its customer commitments.
- You will have access to the full breadth of training courses and facilities that MBDA offers. For the SD&V function some relevant courses you may take part in include DOORS Training, MBSE Training and Writing Requirements.
- You will also benefit from training and support provided by experienced engineers within the department and project teams.
- MBDA support continual professional development such as engineering Chartership through multiple accrediting organisations.
What you would get
Starting salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a Bachelors or £2,500 if you have a Masters. Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
You will have obtained a minimum of a 2:2 classification and should have a natural confidence and proactivity that is able to perform in a challenging commercial environment. As such you will need strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills in order successfully integrate within the existing MEP Team.
We are looking for someone, with a definite interest and enthusiasm for aerospace, defence and engineering in general with a desire to succeed and contribute as part of a team.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details