Would you like to be part of a highly skilled and dynamic team ensuring the highest quality of delivered products? We are looking for capable, driven, and technically minded individuals to join the Manufacturing Engineering group at Europe’s largest supplier of Missiles and Missile Systems.
What will you be doing?
As key members of one of our Integrated Product Teams, graduates will develop an extensive knowledge and gain hands on experience in one or a combination of the following disciplines:
- Definition and development of manufacturing processes.
- Planning and control of manufacturing work packages.
- Assembly and Integration of complex weapons.
- Process development and proving of Circuit Card Assembly.
- Concept to Delivery of Manufacturing Solutions using PDM and SAP.
- Operating in an Integrated Production Team Environment.
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- A practical knowledge of manufacturing systems with additional skills in related software tools being beneficial, but not essential.
- Training in the use of tools will be provided, as necessary, but previous use of tools such as Simul8, MRP tools (SAP), Engineering Drawing tools (PDM), Configuration Control would be an advantage.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Qualified to degree level or above (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in Manufacturing Engineering or related subjects.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · transport engineering · mathematics · aerospace engineering · mechanical engineering · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management · civil engineering and construction
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017