What’s the opportunity?
You will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of defence, working alongside our highly qualified engineers, to deliver key multinational defence projects. Within the mechanical engineering function we have an opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills and knowledge across Internal research, design and analysis through to integration and testing.
What will you be doing?
Placements could bea cross the following:
- Mechanical Design – during a typical Mechanical Design placement you can expect to be involved in all stages of design from concept development through to manufacture. This role may rely on CAD tools and give you the opportunity to be involved in laboratory test programs
- Mechanical Future Concepts - a chance to be involved in the cutting edge of missile technology through the early stages of the product lifecycle including concept development and R&D studies
- Mechanical Analysis - a mechanical analysis placement gives you the opportunity to support the design process through the use of FEA tools and laboratory testing for both stress and thermal analysis
- Actuation Systems - working in a multidisciplinary team on the electro-mechanical design of fin, wing and seeker actuation system. Work for a mechanical engineering role is broadly similar to a mechanical design placement with the possibility of working in an international team.
- Materials and Processes Group - responsible for informing design teams choice of materials and processes, a chance to get involved in research of novel materials and practical lab based assessments.
What are the benefits for you?
A range of support networks including a peer contact who will be a member of your peer group to show you the ropes and act as a point of contact for informal questions.
What’s great about joining this team?
- Supportive and collaborative working environment
- Hands on work experience can be gained from all placements, and interaction with hardware is actively encouraged to help further understanding of the product.
- Wide knowledge base and range of experiences can be found in all departments
- Opportunity to interface with MBDA on a group level
- You will be contributing to meaningful work from the outset; all work is relevant to a project.
What would you get?
£18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- You will need to be motivated and hard working with a positive and professional attitude to challenges. Both your technical and personal skills are required to be of a high level as you will be working in a team and interacting with others.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive in nature, have strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to work individually or as a member of a high performing team.
- Previous industrial experience is preferred but not essential to the role as training will be provided.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Working towards a minimum of a 2:2 in mechanical engineering, materials science, aerospace engineering, aeronautical engineering or control systems engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details