MBDA offers a four-year degree programme for Apprentices. Mechanical Engineering degree apprentices study towards a fully funded Bachelor’s mechanical engineering degree by day release at the University of Hertfordshire.
During the remainder of the working week you will be working within the Mechanical Engineering department on rotational placements whilst earning a competitive salary. You will also have access to all of the company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification, as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
What you will be doing
Placements within mechanical engineering include:
- Mechanical design
- Mechanical future concepts
- Actuation systems mechanical analysis
- Materials and processes
- Drawing office
As well as challenging placements you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- Two x 1 week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Two day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning and development, managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded Mechanical engineering degree
- Five days per year paid study time
- On the job training and technical support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- A range of personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you
- Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either: BTEC extended diploma (DDM) in Engineering (including a further Maths module M or D) or three A-Levels in any subject (which must include mMaths, plus physics or a engineering / technology subject (list of accepted subjects below).
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments.
(technology subjects: design and technology, product design, resistant materials, systems and control, ICT, computing, digital technology)
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
What you would get
£14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4,000 dependant on your performance in placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime as required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 09/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 09/03/2019
Additional job details