Missile Architecture offers multi-disciplinary roles that sit within the project teams, drawing upon inputs from around the company to produce the optimum top level design for a missile. This includes ensuring delivery within the requisite project time frames and budgets. The department works with a wide range of technical functions and provides direct inputs toward project programme delivery, as well as helping to manage requirements flow-down to subsystem level.
What will you be doing?
- Undertaking and managing design and performance trade-off studies at a missile level
- Managing the design and delivery of subsystems into the project, such as:
- System computer architecture
- Data Links
- Telemetry Units
- Actuation systems
- Safety and Arming Units
- Defining signal characteristics and interfaces
- Investigating and analysing built hardware
- Assisting with trials and testing of components and missiles during development
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to establish a clear engineering vision
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written and verbal)
The role will require travel
Qualifications and experience requirements
Qualified to Masters level (minimum 2:2 degree or equivalent) in a technical or engineering-related discipline, such as Electronics, Physics, Maths or Systems Engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · mathematics · mechanical engineering · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017