The Electronic Engineering department at MBDA designs complex and highly reliable electronic solutions to meet the demanding needs of missile projects. We work through the whole design process; taking a set of requirements and developing an electronic architecture from them, designing the electronic solution, testing, manufacture, and qualification. As an undergraduate in Electronic Engineering, you will have the opportunity to learn the design process across our range of products and develop yourself as an electronic engineer.
What will you be doing?
You will be assigned to an actual missile project and given real work that will form part of an actual missile system that will be brought in to service with armed forces around the world. Your undergraduate year at MBDA will be split in to two placements:the first you'll be embedded in our Missile Design team, who focus on the prime Missile Design, and the second as part of our Test Systems team, who focus on designing the test solutions that test and prove our prime design.
- Complex circuit design (Analogue, Digital, FPGA etc.) for computers, Safety related products, datalinks, ground/firing equipment etc
- Analogue and Digital circuit test techniques and circuit design
- Microwave / RF test measurement techniques and design
- Analysis and characterisation techniques
Test system design, testability of a design.
What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and broaden technically within a growing company and multi-skilled team. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to commence a career and achieve a real feeling of success.
What’s great about joining this team?
The Electronic Engineering department offers the opportunity to work on all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process for a wide range of complex electronic products as part of the graduate scheme, as part of a dedicated team focussed on delivery and technical excellence, which will be stimulating and rewarding both technically and on a personal level.
Collaborative working with other functions of MBDA will also provide wide knowledge of the company and its operations which will be invaluable when considering future career aspirations. This will require some travel, for instance to France, depending upon the project being worked on.
Why you should come and work at MBDA:
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12 in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For (2017), demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
What we are looking for
You will be working towards a degree-level or above, (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics) or related subjects. A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (secret level) UK security clearance.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Hertfordshire · Stevenage|