An exciting opportunity has arisen in Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain and Procurement (ISP) UK.
The ISP organisation is responsible for a variety of activities, which include, but is not limited to:
- Leading the definition of the Industrial Policies and Make/Buy strategies and controlling their implementation with the support of the other Directorates
- Supporting the Sourcing decisions by bringing relevant supply chain intelligence and strategic frameworks, in order to foster innovation, competitiveness and alignment with Company strategies, and industrial policies.
- Managing procurement activities for direct (Electronic, Electrical, RF and Mechanical domains), indirect (Engineering Services, the IT/IS/IM domain, Travels, Sites buildings, Facilities Management, HR, and Communication) and Export Infrastructures (Ammunition depots, Maintenance sites, Operational sites, Living sites..) domains.
- Managing the Supply Base industrial performance (On Time On Quality) along the Product Life Cycle
- Providing to the wider Procurement Community an efficient and cohesive working environment in terms of Procurement tools, processes, practices and skills.
ISP consists of an integrated team of 300 employees spread across 11 sites managing 3000 suppliers. MBDA has a spend profile of approximately €1.7 Billion per year across UK, France and Italy. Therefore the need for skilled procurement and supply chain professionals is far greater than ever before to enable the mission of 100% on time, on cost and on quality to be achieved.
What could you be doing?
ISP is an International function and applicants will be expected to liaise with colleagues across Europe enabling the exploration of different approaches to working. This element of the work opens the opportunity to travel within the group.
Throughout the placements you will be able to make your mark by being a key and valued member of the team. You will be given stimulating tasks and will be encouraged to be creative and challenge our traditional ways of working by adopting a continuous improvement ethos.
As an ISP Undergraduate /Graduate you could be in the following placement areas -
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
This placement will provide experience of contract management, different types of agreements, some worth millions of pounds, pursuing ongoing value creation, optimal cost, sustainability and innovation. During this placement you will complete an individual project providing you with objectives and challenges. This will be combined with recognition and opportunities to develop you and a career within a real world leader while undertaking a real job in one of our procurement teams:
Direct Procurement: (Mechanical or Electrical) buying parts such as castings, machining, plastics, optics, cables, connectors and MDI test equipment.
- Indirect Procurement: buying various items and/or services such as, Facilities Management, Security, Offload Services, Contingent workers, HR, Travel, Consulting Services or IM - Information Management, Hardware, Software Licences, Networks and Telecoms.
Supply Chain Management:
This placement will provide you the opportunity to work within a multifunctional team, interfacing with key internal stakeholders and suppliers. The Supply Chain Management team are responsible for the management and improvement of supplier performance through continuous risk assessment of the supply base, ensuring that risks are identified, captured and effectively mitigated.
You will have the opportunity to -
- Closely interact with suppliers and manage the relationship MBDA have with them, which include risk assessments of their capabilities (business, design, technical, manufacturing etc.) to support strategies and decision making.
- Support the development and management of supplier improvement plans to increase supplier’s capabilities and improve their operational performance.
- Support the identification and securing of cost-savings without incurring an unacceptable level of risk to on time, on cost delivery
Business Solutions Improvement and Risk Management
This placement provides the opportunity to support key improvement projects by working closely with the procurement and supply chain communities.
Alongside the key improvement projects you will be involved in a variety of activities which could include -
- Participation in different change initiatives that improve our supply chain sustainability and performance
- Ensuring that the transversal Supply Chain Risk Management approach is consistently deployed throughout the business
- Analysing and assessing the capabilities, financial robustness and ethical status of current and potential suppliers, supporting sourcing decisions as part of a multifunctional team
- Delivery, deployment and maintenance of e-solutions (including local tools)
- Delivery of the Procurement Academy aimed at creating a highly skilled workforce
- Development and maintenance of processes to drive continuous improvement and alignment with internal and external standards
What's in it for you?
- The placement provides an excellent opportunity to work within a growing company and a challenging environment;
- Working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement and supply chain team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
- International travel may be included as part of the multi-national nature of the role providing you with the opportunity to learn and work with other cultures.
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018