MBDA is the first fully integrated European defence group; our products are highly complex, safety critical and produced in low volumes. Therefore the challenges of our supply chain are very demanding. The Industrial and Services Procurement Directorate is an integrated European Directorate responsible for defining and implementing sourcing strategies across a broad range of equipment and services Categories which deliver best through life cost in the broadest sense.What will you be doing?
A Summer Placement will provide the opportunity for the right individual to become involved in the UK-based procurement area. :
- Understand how MBDA organises its spending power into Categories
- Understand how sourcing strategies are developed for our Categories.
- Competition process
- Follow the competition process actively by supporting the competition team leader in the selection of a supplier for a service or manufactured part by acting as the business analyst.
- Assisting in the generation of contractual documentation under the supervision of the competition team leader for the above competition
- Creating purchase orders
- Identifying best practice within ISP
Work with various team members to identify best practice, capture it and embed throughout the team. E.g. Design a Web page for use by ISP new starters .
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- Be proactive in nature
- Have an analytical way of thinking
- Work well with deadlines
- Be a helpful and hardworking team player, but work well individually autonomously
- Have the ability to work well within defined guidelines and processes
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Be eligible for SC UK Security Clearance
Qualifications and experience requirements
Be working towards a degree in a Business discipline
Accepted degree subjects
business and management studies
Flexible working hours, paid overtime (subject to level and project), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017