The Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain, & Procurement (ISP) organisation consists of an integrated team of over 300 employees, spread across 11 sites, managing over 3000 suppliers. MBDA has a spend profile of approximately €1.7 Billion per year across UK, France and Italy. Therefore, the need for skilled procurement and supply chain professionals is far greater than ever before, to enable the mission of 100% on time, on cost and on quality to be achieved.
Work will be in one of the following placement areas:
- Gain experience of contract management and different types of agreements with a wide range of monetary values. Learn and put into action negotiating and influencing skills and complete an individual project providing you with objectives and challenges. Working in either;
- Direct procurement: procuring mechanical or electrical parts such as castings, machining, plastics, optics, cables, connectors and test equipment.
- Indirect procurement: procuring various services and items such as, facilities management, security, offload services, contingent workers, HR, travel, consulting services or information management (IM), software licences, networks and telecoms.
Supply Chain Management
- Collaborate with a number of departments and work closely key internal stakeholders and suppliers. The Supply Chain Management team are responsible for the management and improvement of supplier performance through continuous risk assessment of the supply base, ensuring that risks are identified, captured and effectively mitigated.
You will have the opportunity to
- Closely interact with suppliers and manage their relationship with MBDA which includes risk Assessments of their capabilities (business, design, technical, manufacturing etc.) to support strategies and decision making.
- Find feasible solutions to real-world supply chain issues which are impacting internal key performance indicators.
- Support the development and management of Supplier Improvement Plans to increase supplier’s capabilities and improve their operational performance.
- Support the identification and securing of cost-savings without jeopardising on time and on cost delivery.
Throughout the Graduate scheme you will be given interesting tasks to complete and encouraged to be creative and challenge our traditional ways of working by adopting a continuous improvement ethos.
What are the benefits for you?
Work in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement and supply chain team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
Travel may be required when meeting with suppliers or the multi-national team.
Dependant on the work there may be the opportunity for international travel.
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
What we are looking for
- Strong communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills to successfully integrate within the existing team
Degree qualified by September 2020 in any subject to a minimum 2:2.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment