An exciting opportunity has arisen in Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain, & Procurement (ISP) UK.
The ISP organisation is responsible for a variety of activities, which include, but is not limited to:
- Leading the definition of the Industrial Policies and Make/Buy strategies and controlling their implementation with the support of the other Directorates.
- Supporting the Sourcing decisions by bringing relevant supply chain intelligence and strategic frameworks, in order to foster innovation, competitiveness and alignment with Company strategies, and industrial policies.
- Managing procurement activities for direct (Electronic, Electrical, RF and Mechanical domains), indirect (Engineering Services, the IT/IS/IM domain, Travels, Sites buildings, Facilities Management, HR, and Communication) and Export Infrastructures (Ammunition depots, Maintenance sites, Operational sites, Living sites.) domains.
- Managing the Supply Base industrial performance (On Time On Quality) along the Product Life Cycle.
- Providing to the wider Procurement Community an efficient and cohesive working environment in terms of Procurement tools, processes, practices and skills.
ISP consists of an integrated team of 300 employees spread across 11 sites managing 3000 suppliers. MBDA has a spend profile of approximately €1.7 Billion per year across UK, France and Italy. Therefore, the need for skilled procurement and supply chain professionals is far greater than ever before to enable the mission of 100% on time, on cost and on quality to be achieved.
What could you be doing?
ISP is an International function and applicants will be expected to liaise with colleagues across Europe enabling the exploration of different approaches to working. This element of the work opens the opportunity to travel within the group.
Throughout the placement you will be able to make your mark by being a key and valued member of the team. You will be given stimulating tasks and will be encouraged to be creative and challenge our traditional ways of working by adopting a continuous improvement ethos.
As an ISP Undergraduate you could be in one of the following placement areas:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Procurement: This placement will provide experience of contract management, different types of agreements, some worth millions of pounds, pursuing ongoing value creation, optimal cost, sustainability and innovation. During this placement you will complete an individual project providing you with objectives and challenges. This will be combined with recognition and opportunities to develop you and a career within a real world leader while undertaking a real job in one of our procurement teams:
- Direct Procurement: (Mechanical or Electrical) buying parts such as castings, machining, plastics, optics, cables, connectors and MDI test equipment.
- Indirect Procurement: buying various items and/or services such as, Facilities Management, Security, Offload Services, Contingent workers, HR, Travel, Consulting Services or IM - Information Management, Hardware, Software Licences, Networks and Telecoms.
Supply Chain Management: This placement will provide you the opportunity to work within a multifunctional team, interfacing with key internal stakeholders and suppliers. The Supply Chain Management team are responsible for the management and improvement of supplier performance through continuous risk assessment of the supply base, ensuring that risks are identified, captured and effectively mitigated.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Closely interact with suppliers and manage the relationship MBDA have with them, which include risk assessments of their capabilities (business, design, technical, manufacturing etc.) to support strategies and decision making.
- Support the development and management of supplier improvement plans to increase supplier’s capabilities and improve their operational performance.
- Support the identification and securing of cost-savings without incurring an unacceptable level of risk to on time, on cost delivery.
Business Solutions Improvement & Rish Management
This placement provides the opportunity to support key improvement projects by working closely with the procurement and supply chain communities.
Alongside the key improvement projects you will be involved in a variety of activities which could include:
- Participation in different change initiatives that improve our supply chain sustainability and performance.
- Ensuring that the transversal Supply Chain Risk Management approach is consistently deployed throughout the business.
- Analysing and assessing the capabilities, financial robustness and ethical status of current and potential suppliers, supporting sourcing decisions as part of a multifunctional team.
- Delivery, deployment and maintenance of e-solutions (including local tools).
- Delivery of the Procurement Academy aimed at creating a highly skilled workforce.
- Development and maintenance of processes to drive continuous improvement and alignment with internal and external standards.
What's in it for you?
- The placement provides an excellent opportunity to work within a growing company and a challenging environment;
- Working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement and supply chain team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
- International travel may be included as part of the multi-national nature of the role providing you with the opportunity to learn and work with other cultures.
What would you get?
£18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
If you have the motivation to learn and ability to develop their professional competence in a demanding and exciting environment, we need you to:
- Have a natural confidence and proactive nature that enjoys a challenge
- Have strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to successfully integrate within the existing Team have an open mind-set;
- Ideally be commercially minded with an understanding of financial management, negotiating andinfluencing.
- Have organisational skills along with the basic analysis and judgement ability.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Working towards a degree on track to achieving a minimum 2:2. (or equivalent qualification) in a related discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details