An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic graduate to develop a challenging and rewarding career within project management, in a dynamic multinational missile company. Project management at MBDA will enable you to explore the global culture of product development, manufacture, in-service support and future projects. You will deliver exciting new sophisticated technology and engineering projects, gaining on the job training from experienced professional project managers.
What you will be doing?
The role is for a Project Planner/ Project Controller graduate; this will require a well-developed level of judgement, defining complex customer facing programmes and project control structures, developing credible estimates and defining project organisation and work breakdown structures. Your ability to communicate at all levels will be significant to this role, from engaging and negotiating with engineering, business and customer facing organisations to communication of performance to project stakeholders.
We will expect to see good evidence of genuine leadership potential, a communicator and motivator to bring about team building, setting the project management office vision and challenging the project teams to achieve schedule and cost objectives.
This role will involve working within our multinational teams and will involve developing relationships with travel to our French and Italian partners; therefore an aptitude in one of these languages will be a distinct advantage.
Successful candidates will expect to gain a broad understanding of the business through hands-on experience in a variety of challenging project management roles including, Commercial, Project Management and Programme Control
After two years we expect you to perform in the business as a Project Planner or Project Controller or assistant Project Manager.
In return we offer a two-year structured Graduate programme and a fully supported route leading to the Project Management Institutes PM Professional (PMP) Qualification.
What are the benefits for you?
- Development of fundamental project management skills
- Training on a variety of project management subject areas and universally-used tools
- The chance to qualify for professional accreditation provided by PMI (Project Management Institute).
- Responsibility to make real decisions
- Control over career path
- You will be joining a friendly team of qualified and experienced professionals.
- Support and guidance through approachable managers and Buddy and Mentor schemes.
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- Willingness to build technical knowledge
- Good communication, motivational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independent and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Language skills could be an advantage.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A minimum of 2:2 Honours degree in an engineering or business-based degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017