Join the directorate that provides support to MBDA products throughout the world. This support can range from providing a spare part to delivery of a complete long term support package. We are contracted to ensure that Armed Forces have the weapon systems capability they need, where and when they need it.
You will get an insight into all phases of the product life cycle, from ensuring that supportability requirements are defined at the concept design stage through to disposal at the end of the product’s life.
The two year Early Careers Programme (ECP) allows a graduate to experience working in several roles across the directorate. The programme offers excellent learning and development opportunities that will utilise both engineering and business oriented skill sets to help deliver support for a range of complex weapon systems.
What will you be doing?
Four x six months placements
Three within Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), In Service Support (ISS) and Support Services. The fourth in a different department to gain a wider view of the company, for example in an engineering or commercial role, or can even be external to MBDA. For example, a secondment to the Ministry of Defence, a sub-contractor or even a defence think tank.
The ILS team is responsible for ensuring that products are designed to be readily supported, that the necessary support infrastructure is in place and for optimising through-life finance. You could be involved with: Influencing System Design, Maintenance Planning, Support and Test Equipment, Facilities and Infrastructure, Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation, Training and Training Equipment, Technical Documentation, Commercial and Contract Management and Life Cycle Cost.
In Service Support team is responsible for delivering a range of support servicesPost-delivery of a product, . You could be responsible for helping to deliver: Surveillance and Life Extension, Technical Support, Asset Management or Storage and Inventory Management.
In many of theses teams your work will involve working with colleagues in other MBDA engineering and business functions, as well as travelling to supplier, customer and end-user locations. Within certain projects, international travel may be required.
The Support Services team develop the field support and training solutions and the technical publications for a product and deliver it to the the end-user. You will help to create new concepts and develop the processes that allow support services to be delivered effectively.
What are the benefits for you?
- You will gain a ‘big picture’ view of MBDA and the UK defence environment and will work with a diverse range of people at all levels across the business.
- The objectives for each placement will be developed, in coordination with your line manager, to account for the business need and your individual aspirations.
- There will be opportunities to engage with customers, suppliers and end-users.
- You will be able to utilise both business and engineering skill sets and undertake a wide variety of work.
- There will be opportunities to travel both within the UK and internationally and collaborate with other MBDA employees based in France, Germany and Italy.
- You will be a fully integrated member of the team and have the opportunity to assume a high level of responsibility.
- During all four placements there will be placement specific training opportunities in addition to the training given as part of the ECP.
- The opportunity to work towards becoming a chartered engineer.
- Join a supportive graduate community with more than 100 recent graduates.
- You will be assigned a mentor who can help to guide your career development.
What’s great about joining this team?
- More than 500 people in the directorate work every day, around the clock, to serve MBDA’s customers in over 50 countries around the world.
- There is a wide variety of work and every day is different.
- The team creates a supportive network with people from different disciplines and backgrounds who can provide a new perspective on a given issue.
- There is a culture of progression and a focus on innovative ways of improving system readiness and reliability.
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus & salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12 in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- The ability to solve challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Individuals who are self-motivated in shaping their own career path
- An interest in understanding the challenges facing the defence industry today
Qualifications and experience requirements
A physics, engineering, mathematics or other technical degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018