An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic graduate to develop a challenging and rewarding career as a Project Manager in a dynamic multinational missile company. Project management at MBDA will enable you to explore the global culture of product development, manufacture, in-service support and future projects. You will deliver exciting new sophisticated technology and engineering projects, gaining on the job training from experienced professional project managers.
What you will be doing?
Hands-on experience in a variety of challenging roles including:
- Project control - you will be involved in the planning, execution and control of multimillion pound projects, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality.
- Commercial - you will liaise with national and international customers to bid, negotiate and gain new business and manage contracts.
- External placement - you will undertake a placement of your choice outside of the Project Management function, with endless possibilities including engineering, finance, procurement etc.
- Project management - you will continue to develop these skills to manage the delivery of projects from initiation to close. You will have the opportunity to manage aspects of the missile development cycle from concept, assessment and design through to manufacturing and in-service support.
- You will communicate and report to all levels, from engaging and negotiating with the customer community to communication of performance to stakeholders.
What are the benefits for you?
- Development of fundamental project management skills
- Training on a variety of project management subject areas and universally-used tools
- The chance to qualify for professional accreditation provided by PMI (Project Management Institute).
- Opportunity for international travel – maybe even USA and Australia
- Responsibility to make real decisions
- Control over career path
- You will be joining a friendly team of qualified and experienced professionals.
- Support and guidance through approachable managers and Buddy and Mentor schemes.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- Willingness to build technical knowledge
- Good communication, motivational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independent and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Language skills could be an advantage.
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A minimum of 2:2 Honours degree in an engineering or business-based degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017