What’s the opportunity?
An opportunity has arisen for a summer placement to join a very busy team within Project Management. The Project Management team require support with planning, cost at completions and risk mitigation. The person will take full responsibility for meeting their objectives, with support from the Project Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and locate project kit at a number of UK sites, travelling to the physical locations where necessary
- Metrics – identify and implement improvements in existing metrics
- Review and improve existing process for project planning
- Improve Excel spreadsheet templates for project planning
- Analyse and update Risk Registers
- Update project plans
- Prepare costings for work with engineers, validate the cost and present to senior management
- Identify and then prepare a “how to” guide on the documentation suite required for contracts
What are the benefits for you?
- Development of fundamental Project Management skills
- Gain experience of working to support senior managers.
- Responsibility to make real decisions
- Learn how to present to variety of differing audiences, meeting different needs
- Improve influencing skills
- Work on real Risk Registers, develop your knowledge of Risk Management and how to identify risk mitigations with engineers and project-based staff
- The possibility of travel to other MBDA UK site
- Possible opportunities for customer interaction
- Learn to use programming and risk tools
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the project management of one of our business critical products.
- You will be set tasks to take ownership of and demonstrate your ability to work independently as well as within the team.
- You will be joining a friendly team of qualified and experienced professionals.
- Support and guidance through approachable managers and Buddy
What would you get?
£16,000 to £18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- A self-starter that can also display good team working skills
- Powerpoint and Excel basic skill
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute
- Diligent and resilient
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
An undergraduate interested in project management
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£16,000 - £18,000