An opportunity has arisen for a summer placement to join a very busy team within Project Management. The Project Management team require support with planning, cost at completions and risk mitigation. The person will take full responsibility for meeting their objectives, with support from the Project Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and locate project kit at a number of UK sites, travelling to the locations where necessary
- Metrics – identify and implement improvements in existing metrics
- Review and improve existing process for project planning
- Improve Excel spreadsheet templates for project planning
- Analyse and update risk registers
- Update project plans
- Prepare costings for work with engineers, validate the cost and present to senior management
- Identify and then prepare a “how to” guide on the documentation suite required for contracts
What are the benefits for you?
- Development of fundamental Project Management skills
- Gain experience of working to support senior managers
- Responsibility to make real decisions
- Learn how to present to variety of differing audiences, meeting different needs
- Improve influencing skills
- Work on real Risk Registers, develop your knowledge of Risk Management and how to identify risk mitigations with engineers and project-based staff
- The possibility of travel to other MBDA UK sites
- Possible opportunities for customer interaction
- Learn to use programming and risk tools
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the project management of one of our business critical products
- You will be set tasks to take ownership of and demonstrate your ability to work independently as well as within the team
- You will be joining a friendly team of qualified and experienced professionals
- Support and guidance through approachable managers and buddy
What would you get?
- Salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Sporting activities
- Fantastic site facilities
- On the job learning and development opportunities
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
What we are looking for
- An undergraduate interested in Project Management
- A self-starter that can also display good team working skills
- Powerpoint and Excel basic skill
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute
- Diligent and resilient
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 December 2019