The Security team risk manage Physical, Cyber and Security Services threats at MBDA. We also have responsibility for UK wide security requirements stipulated through legislation, Ministry of Defence and International Governmental agreements.
Learn how to mitigate the risks from Cyber-attacks, Espionage, Insider Threat, Terrorism and Protester activity. Explore and understand how we manage the security and safety of our travellers overseas and support the management of major incidents internationally and domestically. Project work can involve supporting the development of innovative security measures to ensure and maintain an excellent security culture.
What you will be doing?
- Receive expert training from highly experienced and qualified security professionals to allow you to be given responsibility to make real decisions.
- Gain experience of all three principal areas of security including cyber, physical and security services
- Development of fundamental professional security skills
- Develop your research and analysis skills to understand complex threats and risks pertinent to the defence industry and identify innovative ways/best practice to support, improve and maintain mitigation measures.
- Work on discrete and diverse projects with the aim of improving our security culture
- Manage and support external projects to increase efficiencies and effectiveness with Ministry of Defence and other key stakeholders
- Receive full training on risk management tools including ARM.
- Gain a broad understanding of how Security impacts the daily functioning of business.
- Develop an understanding of governmental security compliance within Defence including both physical and network accreditation requirements.
- Manage key projects that will influence security risk management, decisions and culture.
What are the benefits for you?
- Joining a friendly team of qualified and experienced security professionals.
- Travel to one of our International partners to experience work within our multinational teams in either an Infosec or Group Security capacity.
- Build on your influencing skills, as a clear communicator and motivator, to support our Business and Security objectives.
- Learn to adapt your communication style for a variety of internal and external stakeholders as this will be key to successful outcomes.
- Gain a wider insight to the Defence Industry through exposure to government and defence industry partners
What would you get?
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
10 month placement.
What we are looking for
- Currently studying towards a degree in a security, risk or a cyber-based or a related subject.
- Willingness to build experience and knowledge in a wide area of security risks and threats
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
Salary pro-rated over the 10 months
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment