What’s the opportunity?
Seeker Division is an engineering department designing a key complex weapon sub-system. It is a multi-national department with both UK and Italian offices.
A seeker is a missile sub-unit that detects, acquires and tracks targets. Seeker Division has responsibility for the design of all missile sub-systems that involve radar frequency (RF) components including RF seekers, dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic), RF data links and RF fuzes.
What will you be doing?
- Use skills and knowledge developed at university in real world applications
- Working in different disciplines including electronics, modelling, integration, trials
- Designing, testing and producing complete sub-systems
- Working over the whole product lifecycle from concept through design and development to production and in-service support
- Working closely with other functions in MBDA
- Working in well equipped laboratories and learning new tools throughout your placements
- Working with a world class team
- Complete real work from day one
- Relevant and targeted training covering a wide range of topics
What are the benefits for you?
During the 10, 11 or 12 week placement you will have the unique chance to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas. We expect you to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and in return you will be challenged to develop ideas and deliver solutions to contribute to the success of projects.
What would you get?
£16,000 - £18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Ideally be working towards a 2:2 in any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£16,000 - £18,000